Blogger Templates

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Chang O


So I recently purchased a new Goddess Oracle Deck by Kris Waldherr and in the deck of 80 cards I probably know 15-20 of the Goddess'. So I decided to learn as I pull from them. So here we go...........


SEPTEMBER
September's Goddess is Chang O "Queen of the Moon"

Around the world, the moon is associated with numerous objects. The fanciful believe it is made of cheese because of its pocked surface. Others claim to see the face of a man in the moon. In China, the moon is associated with a celestial white rabbit, who is said to reside there with the goddess Chang O in a palace built of fragrant cinnamon wood.

Every September (odd I pulled her for this month) when the full moon is at its most brilliant, the Chinese honor Chang O with a moon festival. This celebration also celebrates women and features family reunions. Besides gathering to admire the moon's luminescent brilliance, people bake special round treats called moon cakes, which are filled with delicious red bean paste. As people eat them, they are reminded of Chang O, queen of the moon.

WOMEN, FAMILY, CYCLES-Celebrate your femininity with pride



 You can always find out more with online searching here's a link I enjoyed reading about Chang O.

Hope you all enjoyed this. Let's see who I study up on in October. Love and Light my friends.

1 comment: